Welcome to The Art School of Peterborough
Founded in 1993, The Art School of Peterborough is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to facilitating and encouraging the growth of creativity and skills in visual art forms for everyone.
We are a community of possibilities, offering students of all ages, teachers, staff and volunteers opportunities to develop and grow in a safe and inclusive environment.
Adult Art Classes
The Art School of Peterborough has a variety of Classes/ Workshops in Drawing, Painting, Scratchboard, Mixed Media, Printmaking, Fused Glass, Jewellery and Pottery. We strive to accommodate everyone’s schedule offering programming in the daytime and evening. For Individuals that might not be able to commit to a longer session, we offer one to two day workshops are offer on the weekends.
Our programming is accessible to all skill level, from beginner to intermediate.
Youth and Teen Art Classes
Young Artist’s have a variety of programming options, Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media, Portfolio Development, Cartooning, Anime, Digital Drawing and Pottery.
Programming is set early to mid evening throughout the week or on weekends to accommodate schooling and other extracurricular activities. For our budding artists that can’t commit to long courses we provide many workshops throughout the weekends. Experience is not needed for any of our programming – we will build on any skill level. Other opportunities to stay creative can be done through our PA Days and Camps, and Birthday Parties.
Latest School News
- Call: Holiday Art MarketThe Art School of Peterborough is celebrating the upcoming Holiday season, and invites you to participate in our Holiday Art Market. The purpose is to engage the public in buying locally, while bringing attention to local artists and our school’s activities. This is an opportunity for local exhibitors to showcase and sell their products to … Read more […]
Annual Membership benefits include:
- 10% off courses & workshops for an entire year from date of purchase.
- Discounted entrance into our fundraising events through the year.
- Access to our Drawing & Painting Studio on Fridays 10-5pm.
- Opportunity to exhibit during our Membership Art Show.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
The Art School is grateful to be located on the Treaty 20 Michi Saagig territory and in the traditional territory of the Michi Saagig and Chippewa Nations, traditional known as the Williams Treaties Friday Nations. We respectfully acknowledge the traditional names of the land we are settled on, Nogojiwanong and Ogidaaki. We are committed and honouring the teaching of the stewards and caretakers of this land and waters in perpetuity and that they continue to maintain this responsibility to ensure their health and integrity for generations to come.