Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for The Art School of Peterborough.
As a member of the Board, a director acts in a position of trust for the Art School and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. Members of the Board of Directors are collectively responsible for the governance, strategic direction and financial sustainability of The Art School of Peterborough.
Jenni Johnston is a Canadian oil painter who studied visual arts from Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto. She took part in the Florence, Italy off-campus program in her final year, graduated with Honors in Drawing and Painting.Website
Kristina Jegeris has been involved with The Art School of Peterborough since 2019. She has worked as the Front Desk Receptionist and Social Media Coordinator. With a passion for pottery, painting and drawing, she enjoys creating artwork and trying new mediums. Joining the Board has been another ways for her to keep involved with the school, she wants to help promote inclusivity and creativity within the Peterborough community.
The importance of the arts has always been something that Derek has been passionate about. Growing up, he was always involved in theatre productions right into his college years. Thanks to a favourite teacher of his, he was also encouraged to explore various visual art mediums. He’s still an amateur artist, but he’s always willing to learn new things.Instagram
Marcia Watts has been involved with the Art School for many years after taking a variety of art classes and participating in our annual fundraisers.
Lisa is a passionate artist, which leads her to serve on the board and help shape the Art School’s future. Her company, L’immaginaria, allows for the blending of creative visual expression and words.Website
Dan Duran plays an active role in the city of Peterborough and has an interest to help shape the arts community for future generations.
Jose Miguel Hernandez
Venezuelan artist and designer, my love and passion for art made me join the board, that way I can be an active part of the growth and development of arts in the community.
Megan Gamble has a passion for the school. She enjoys working with new mediums and is currently having fun playing in the pottery studio. She has 2 boys that enjoy participating in all of the programmings that the art school offers.
Interested In Joining The Board?
Working with The Art School of Peterborough is a stimulating experience. You’ll build great friendships and professional contacts, expand your knowledge of Kawartha’s creative community and charitable sector, and gain invaluable experience with an active not-for-profit.
Volunteer Board and Committee Members are required to be active participants, preferably people who can contribute beyond the minimum expectations noted below. As we seek nominations, here are a few things you’ll want to consider:
- Attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings. This is the one time each month we collaborate, brainstorm and make strides on critical issues. The board meets once a month for 1.5-2.5 hours. Every board member is also encouraged to sit on at least one committee.
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings. Current committees include Event /Fundraising committee, Marketing & Communications, Volunteer Recruitment. Committees meet monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly for 1 to 1.5 hours. Participation as a committee member requires you to attend committee meetings as well as complete tasks as required by the committee.
- Attend and be actively engaged in The Art School of Peterborough’s events. Our annual schedule includes several community events: Annual Art Auction, Art-a-thon, Annual Members Show and Student End of Term shows. These are just a sampling of the community events we do!
- Actively participate in growing the assets of The Art School of Peterborough.
- Advocate for The Art School of Peterborough. Spread the word about the work we do. Promote The Art School’s events and initiatives.
- Act on the responsibilities and requests given to you. This can be as simple as replying to an email or as involved as planning an event or campaign. But most importantly, we need you to be reliable and responsive.
Specific Areas of Need
- Grant Writing
- Marketing and Communications
- Policy writing
Do you have any questions? Contact Jenni Johnston, Executive Director, at 705-742-3221. We will also gladly arrange for you to have a conversation with an existing board member if you would find this helpful.