Thanks so much for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for The Art School of Peterborough.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the The Art School of Peterborough. As a member of the Board,
a director acts in a position of trust for the Art School and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Members of the Board of Directors are collectively responsible for the governance, strategic direction and financial sustainability of The Art School of Peterborough.
- Commitment to and interest in the work of The Art School of Peterborough.
- Willingness to embrace the Art School’s mission of fostering growth of creativity and skills in visual art forms for everyone in the community and support its objectives of bringing art to the community.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of community development, not-for-profit governance, planning, policy, finance, resource development, human resource management, investment, grant making, communications.
- Creativity and innovative thinking is a valued asset.
- Willingness to serve on committees.
- Attendance and participation at monthly Board meetings, committee meetings, annual general meeting and community events.
A director of the Board is fully informed on organizational matters and participates in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in matters of planning, policy, finance, and the work of The Art School of Peterborough.
Directors are expected to:
- Believe in the philosophies and values of The Art School of Peterborough
- Act in the best interests of The Art School
- Participate fully at Board meetings and review information necessary to make decisions
- Declare conflicts of interest and abstain from voting on such issues.
- Share with other Directors in being accountable to The Art School of Peterborough’s donors and the community at large.
- Be an advocate for The Art School of Peterborough with contacts and professional colleagues.
- Ensure effective financial and audit controls are in place to protect invested funds and safeguard donor information.
Directors will be elected to the Board for terms of one to two years, renewable to a maximum of 2 terms.
To apply, complete the application form and submit it to us.