LAUNCH is looking for art that celebrates sport in all its varieties for a juried exhibition in May 2017. This special exhibition is open to all residents
of Peterborough County and City. Distinguished members of the local arts community jury the sumitted works.
Jurying will be a two stage process. Preliminary jurying will be conducted through email submissions. Successful candidates will then be notified by phone or email to deliver artwork to LAUNCH for final selection. The Juryʼs decision is final.
The exhibition is open to all artists living in the City and County of Peterborough, Ontario.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives,or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work. They must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor.
- Entries must not have been shown before at LAUNCH or the Art School of Peterborough.
- All media accepted.
- Size limitations: maximum 4 ft wide and6 ft tall.
- All works must be original and completed after 2010.
- A maximum of 2 works may be submittedby each artist.
A non-refundable handling fee of $20.00 per artist must accompany the entry form. You can pay the fee at LAUNCH or by mailing a cheque made payable to the Art School of Peterborough mentioning MATCH.
• Email images to artschoolptbo@nexicom. net with MATCH as subject
• One image per work for 2-D work
• Maximum two images for 3-D work per
• Maximum 1 MB per image
• Name your images using the following
1st image: Last Name1_Title_Year Created.jpg
2nd Image: Last Name2_Title_Year Created.jpg
• All works must be ready for display.
• Two-dimensional work must be suitably framed and wired; gallery size canvas is
• Works requiring special installation must
be accompanied by explanatory diagrams or photographs. Any technical needs for the work must be provided by artist.
• Artists are encouraged to have their own insurance as LAUNCH/the Art School of Peterborough is not responsible for loss or damage of artworks for the duration of the exhibition.
A commission of 35% (members 30%) will be collected by LAUNCH on all sales. HST will not be applied.
All shipping arrangements and costs
are the responsibility of the submitting artist. LAUNCH will not accept any collect shipments.
The artist, by submission of entry,
grants LAUNCH and the Art School of Peterborough the right to photograph accepted work for publicity, educational and reference purposes. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted. No entry may be removed from the exhibition until after the closing date of May 26, 2017. LAUNCH/The Art School of Peterborough will not be responsible for any uncollected works after June 3, 2017.
April 14 — Deadline for entry
April 18 — Notification by phone or email of works accepted for final jurying
April 25 to 29 — Work drop-off for final selection
May 5 — Opening reception 6 to 9 pm. Exhibition continues to May 26
May 30 - June 3 — Pick up artworks
Download Application Here: MATCH: the Art of Sports Application