Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the The Art School of Peterborough.
As a member of the Board, a director acts in a position of trust for the Art School and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Members of the Board of Directors are collectively responsible for the governance, strategic direction and financial sustainability of The Art School of Peterborough.
Meet our Board of Directors, all who are passionate about both the arts and our school.
Interested In Joining The Board?
Working with The Art School of Peterborough is a stimulating experience. You’ll build great friendships and professional contacts, expand your knowledge of the Kawartha’s creative community and charitable sector, and gain invaluable experience with an active not-for-profit.
Volunteer Board and Committee Members are required to be active participants, preferably people who can contribute beyond the minimum expectations noted below. As we seek nominations, here are a few things you’ll want to consider:
• Attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings. This is the one time each month we collaborate, brainstorm and make strides on critical issues. The board meets on a Wednesday of each month from 6pm – 8pm. Every board member is also encouraged to sit on at least one committee.
• Attend and actively participate in committee meetings. Current committees include: Event /Fundraising committee, Marketing & Communications, Volunteer Recruitment. Committees meet monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly for 1 to 1.5 hours. Participation as a committee member requires you to attend committee meetings as well as complete tasks as required by the committee.
• Attend and be actively engaged in The Art School of Peterborough’s events. Our annual schedule includes several community events: Annual Art Auction, Art-a-thon, Annual Members show and Student End of Term shows. These are just a sampling of the community events we do!
• Actively participate in growing the assets of The Art School of Peterborough.
• Advocate for The Art School of Peterborough. Spread the word of the work we do. Promote The Art School's events and initiatives.
• Act on the responsibilities and requests given to you. This can be as simple as replying to an email or as involved as planning an event or campaign. But most importantly, we need you to be reliable and responsive.
Specific areas of need:
• Grant Writing
• Marketing and Communications
• Policy writing
Submit your name: Please submit your name for consideration to The Art School of Peterborough. email@example.com
Please include the following (only) with your submission:
Letter of interest: Please keep this letter to one page or less, and within the letter answer the following questions:
• What is your motivation for wanting to become involved with the Community Foundation?
• What skills and/or experience do you have that would support your involvement within one or more of our areas of need?
• Why is now a good time for you to become involved with the Community Foundation?
Resume: In addition to the standard information provided on a resume, please ensure you outline groups or organizations you are currently involved with or have you been involved with in the past, and the nature of your involvement (board member, committee, event volunteer etc.).
References: Please include the contact information for two personal references, and include references from previous non-profit board and/or committee work, if available.
Have questions? Contact Jenni Johnston, Executive Director, at 705-742-3221. We will also gladly arrange for you to have a conversation with an existing board member if you would find this helpful.
Download: Board Application
Download: BOARD MEMBERS–A Profile